Having joined all the job agencies and job sites on the internet you might feel you have done a lot. But, you’re still not finding the right job. Don’t worry you are not alone. Follow some of the tips listed below and there is no reason why you wouldn’t find a job. Finding a job in today’s market is difficult, but don’t let that put you off.
There is a common thought among many people that those who have more experience and intelligence, they have a better chance to find the right job . This belief may be true in some cases but however it’s not always true. Also one has to keep in mind that jobs and vacancies come and go. The first thing needed to find a job is courage. You must also stand out from the crowd and be counted. Listed below are some secret methods to find the dream job you are looking for.
- Online job search sites do offer tons of jobs, but only apply for jobs which fit your CV. Always look for quality and not quantity this also makes you unique. So don’t apply for jobs randomly because your CV becomes spam. The likelyhood is always there that employers will mark your application as “irrelevant” if you apply for too many jobs.
- Across various job sites available online there is an option box which says “Allow recruiters to search my CV”. Preferably do not tick that box you’re as you CV becomes prone to spam, also recruiters can see it and within days it becomes old.
- Change your CV if you can’t find a job that fits your CV exactly. Although it may be time consuming modifying your CV for every position you apply for but it’s worth it.
- Do you like a particular field, if so then try to master it and become an expert at it. When you become an expert you are valued more and are paid more. There is a always high demand for skilled workers..
- Social networking has become very popular and there’s a good reason for it. Networking is basically connecting with other likeminded people. If you’re an accountant go to an accounting seminar and network with other accountants. This will ensure that you make new contacts and possibly new jobs. Linkedin.com is a very popular networking site for professionals.
- If possible change your CV format once a week. Use different CV templates or re-write your CV completely. This usually works as recruiter likes to see fresh CVs, thus changing the way your CV looks has a huge impact.
- After the application process comes the interview , always come across as confident when on the phone to an employer or recruiter. The years of experience and number of degrees you have on your CV will not matter if you lack confidence. This is perhaps the most important part and makes up 70% of a yes or no answer.
- Don’t forget to be creative, dedicated and positive when searching for a job. A lot of people think this helps and indeed it does.
- Lastly try to use niche job sites, although they are not popular as the bigger general ones but they surely are more resourceful.